Believe it or not, but prom is JUST around the corner! Getting dolled up and feeling like a total princess is one of the best parts of about the night. However, something that can feel a little intimadating? Heels. Wearing heels. The whole night. I’m here to give you SEVEN tips on how to choose the right shoe, and ways to keep your feet feeling just fine for the WHOLE night:
- First, make sure you have the right size. Anything too smal will cramp up your little toes, and anything too big will make you look a little ridiculous when you’re trying to keep them attached to your feet as you walk.
- Understand your “foot type”! From narrow to wide; high arch to completely flat, knowing your foot type will help you understand the type of heel that’s best for you.
- A round toe gives you a little more room. Pointy toe shoes shove all your toes inward, causing cramping and scrunching and everything else in between; however, a round toe gives you a little more breathing room.
- Practice wearing your heels a few weeks before prom, ESPECIALLY if they’re new shoes you haven’t broken in yet! This will save you a lot of time on your fancy night out.
- Height isn’t always the most important. Opting for sky-high 6 inch heels COULD be a recipe for disaster; but if you do want to add that height, opt for a shoe with a platform. A platform helps you rock the shoes, without sacrificing your ankles, as your feet won’t be held at such a high angle.
- Choosing a chunkier heel is the BEST way to give you optimum time in your shoes, without wanting to kick them off by the end of the night.
- If your clutch is big enough, slipping in a pair of thin ballet-type flats to change into at the end of the night, isn’t the WORST idea.
Prom is YOUR night to enjoy with your friends, reminisce and celebrate the end of a great 4 years, and get AMP UP for the next stage of your lives! The last thing you want is to worry about your feet.